jueves, 15 de julio de 2010

Vygotsky, ZPD, And Blogging


Vygotsky's theory of learning and the concept of ZPD (Zone of Proximal Development) really impressed me when I came across it for the first time. From then on, I have always tried to have this incredible concept in mind together with student autonomy -one of my dreams, too :)
I do believe in cooperative learning, in the magic power of interaction and a teacher as just a mediator. I will take pains, then, to try to create this kind of enchanment in my student blog -which I'll start tomorrow- and see if I can make my dream come true.
This is a great opportunity to have another look at Vygotsky's work, now with another perspective, and find out more about e-learning pedagogy.

3 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you Carina. I believe social constructivism is an appropriate theoretical framework to integrate 2.0 technologies in education.

    Have a look at this!
    Blog of proximal development

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Beautiful job, Carina! I loved your introductory post! I hope we keep visiting each other and checking how we are growing in this virtual world. All the best.

    ResponderEliminar